What food can you put on your table?
Spring is here already! Something new in my dining table? Yes!
Everything is fresh with Spring’s coming. Without the cold weather, people enjoy finding interesting activities for welcoming this Spring. Your tummy is looking for some delicious food as well!
Today I am going to introduce a light dish here for your refresher. 😀 This dish is easy to prepare and cook for one person. Most important, it’s nutritious, healthy, and low cost. Try it today!
Main Course: Stir fry baby broccoli and fried pork sausage with rice
3 tablespoon peanut oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 cup jasmine rice
1 bunch baby broccoli
2 small pork sausage
A little bit spring onion
Several pieces of cucumber
Budget for main ingredients:
80 cents for rice
2 dollars for baby broccoli in Coles
20 cents for pork sausages (16 small pork sausages pack for 5 dollar in Woolworth’s)
1.5 dollars for spring onion in Coles when special
Total: 4.50 dollars
- Steam rice in rice cooker
- Put 2 tablespoon peanut oil into the cooking pan and wait until it warm.
- Put sausages into pan and keep frying until sausages’ colour turn to gold. (When wait sausage’s ready, wash baby broccoli and cut into pieces)
- Put cooked sausages into a big plate.
- Cut spring onion into small pieces
- Put 1 tablespoon peanut oil into the cooking pan until the oil is warm
- Put spring onion pieces into the cooking pan and stir it until good smell comes out
- Put baby broccoli pieces in the pan and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Put 1 teaspoon soy sauce in the pan and stir-fry with broccoli evenly for about 0.5 minute.
- Turn the heat off, add little bit salt and stir with broccoli evenly.
- Put cooked rice into a small bowel and press it, then turn the bowel upside down in the plate, remove the bowel, cooked rice with a shape as pictured.
- Cut some cucumber pieces for salad.
You can make a strawberry with yogurt as your dessert if you like after main course, or any fresh fruits.
Dessert: Strawberry with yogurt
Half box of strawberry
1 cup of vanilla yogurt
80 cents for strawberries (3 for $5 in Coles , Spring special)
90 cents for vanilla yogurt (Nestlé Ski yugurt , 2 for $1.75 in Coles everyday)
Total: 1.70 dollars
- Wash strawberries and cut into small pieces
- Put strawberries pieces into a bowl.
- Put vanilla yogurt on it.(As strawberries are little bit sour, vanilla yogurt is the best choice.)
- Ready to enjoy!
Ok, it’s done! Enjoy this home cooked meal for just $6.20! Enjoy this Spring!